Sunday, June 18, 2006

Ice Skating

I went ice skating yesterday, for the second time since I was like four or five . Was with my sisters, my eldest sister's boyfriend and my cousin.

I am proud to say that I managed to do a split, and I wasn't even trying, a-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!!! (Just for the record, at the time of the split I was trying to turn.)

Oh, and I tripped this little kid with the back of my skate. See, I was leaning on the wall (my back was turned toward the rink) talking to my sister, and this boy who looked about five or six was going along, and I sort of accidentally put the back of my skate (you know, the bit of blade that sticks out?) in his way. As he got up he gave me a very mean, accusatory look. He wasn't hurt, though. Just annoyed. Very, very annoyed.

Moving on, I don't know how to stop properly, so my method is to skate up to a wall and thwack myself against it. I was doing just that, heading towards a guy who was watching from outside the rink. I figured he'd see me coming, so it would be okay to crash in front of him and then quickly move away.
As it turned out, as I got nearer, he looked down. About a second before I collided with the wall, he looked up again and- WHAM! I swear, the expression on his face was priceless. My sister witnessed the whole thing and wouldn't (or couldn't) stop laughing.

No comments: