Monday, November 02, 2009

Projectile vomit

Just now I got up from my desk to put on some pants and felt something odd inside me, something warm rising fast from my stomach to my throat...

You know how sometimes when you eat too much, you throw up a little in your mouth? It's always totally unexpected, so you're stuck with a mouthful of vomit until you can go and spit it out (that isn't just me that gets that, right?). That's what happened to me just now.

Except instead of just sitting patiently in my mouth, my puke shot out of it. Luckily I have awesome reflexes and my hands, thinking for themselves, rushed to catch whatever it was that was trying to escape from me, without knowing what it was.

And so I was left standing in my room with two handfuls of vomit.

I guess it was OK, because on the floor in front of me was a Calculus book that belongs to my sister and not a drop fell on it. Which leaves me wondering why I'm so bad at sports. I mean, I've just proved that my hand-eye coordination is perfect.

No comments: