Monday, August 15, 2011

1:00 PM - Productivity review

Bit of moss I photographed. See? Productive.

Things I could/should get done today:
  • Get medical exam done so I can join the University's gym
  • Get driver's license
  • Read about sponges (the animals, not the ones for washing dishes)
  • Transcribe Earth Sciences course notes and start on homework
  • Pay scholarship fee (twenty cents!)
  • Brush up on plant biology (vascular plant spores are haploid)
  • Go over Biology of the Fungi notes, and start on homework
  • Buy 8 freshwater fishes (live) for Animals lab

Things I've done today that could be considered (however remotely) productive:
  • Wash my yoga mat
  • Do a few bicep curls
  • Take photos (Moss: Week One) for Biology of Plants class
  • Make walnut butter
  • Listen to a CBC podcast about advertising (I'm learning)
  • Write for blog (will be greatly valued in future)

"To Do" lists have items of varying priority and urgency. If you spend a while doing the easy, non-urgent, non-essential things first, then you're still getting things done. You're being productive... by procrastinating!

Yeah, it's a stretch. Shut up.

No comments: