Monday, August 28, 2006

Hop off to school

Finally time to write! I've been very busy this past week, what with watching televisi- I mean, homework. Yes, I was doing homework. Lots of it... no, really, we've got a ridiculous amount of homework.
On Wednesday my friend Eréndira showed me this really cool thing as we walked around in recess:
"The first years have to let second and third years past them" she said. "Second years have to let third years past. And they all have to let us past."
She waited until an approaching first year was almost in front of us. "Look."
She stepped into the first year's path, neatly cutting her off. The first year dutifully took a step back and went round behind us.
Is that awesome or what?
I've tried it several times since, and it works every time (of course not on third years who are taller than me, but on everyone else it does).

On another note, one of the prefects is retiring. We were all quite shocked and slightly sad to hear that; she's like part of the school, you know? I, at least, will miss her a tad. Not as a person, but more like if a piece of the wall got chipped out, or somebody stole some of the railing from the second floor. I'm not saying that to be mean, it's just how I feel. She's going on Friday, and it seems the teachers are taking the opportunity to milk some more money out of us, "to pay for the goodbye ceremony" (I don't mean I think they're going to steal it, I just mean, there's going to be something left over; who's gonna keep it, me? I don't think so).

No comments: