Thursday, April 19, 2007

Chewing gum and dancing (don't choke!)

More pictures of my classmates, because some people were bugging me to do so, not realizing that whatever purpouse it is that this blog serves, it is not for stuffing with photos of my school with descriptions along the lines of "This is a photo of that time when such-and-such happened, it was really funny, heehee, you should have seen it, because it was really funny, hee, it was funny, really!"
Perhaps that was too mean.

Anyway, here are a select few.

**Note to my parents: Skip this next bit**

This is the wall of gum. It is, as the name might suggest, a portion of wall which we have been covering with gum. Really, all the work that's gone in there! When we first found the wall, it was ugly, drab and covered in graffiti (and bad graffiti, at that). But thanks to the amount of time, money and effort we have put into it, it is now a colourful piece of youthful expression, and it brightens our day to be able to collaborate to make the school a more beautiful and modern place.

Next we have a picture of the gum wall and one of its co - founders, Josue, who over time has realy become the father of the project: he's the one who collects money and buys boxes of gum with it, distributes the gum, helps with its placing on the wall, and actively participates in discussions concerning its future. How to make it last for years to come? How to mark it to indicate it was a product of our generation? He is very happy, as we all are, to be a part of this piece of art, our brainchild.
Wait, did I just say we covered that wall in chewing gum? I meant... uh... the afternoon kids did it. Those young hooligans! Always up to all sorts of tomfoolery, them! Someone ought to teach them a lesson.

**Note to my parents: Okay, you may now resume reading**

May 10th is Mother's Day in Mexico. So to celebrate that, the school has a little festival sort of thing where all the third year students dance traditional stuff. I, however, don't have to because I'm in choir, and our teacher said he needed the dance time for choir practice.
So far there hasn't been any choir practice.
So that leaves me some time to laze around and take videos and photos of my darling classmates. :)

Click to enlarge:



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool! Isn't it? The gum wall. Well, actually sometimes it looks disgusting. The dance...um...poor of us, I think there's going to happen the same thing as in the Poetry contest, don't you think? I suggest you to visit my blog.
bye.

Andrea said...

Yeah, the gum wall is awesome :D It smells nice too (although I know that's a very gross thing to say)
But, you know, I really don't think the poem thing is going to happen again, and that everybody just wants something to complain about (although I *do* love complaining). I mean, you guys have already got the whole dance done, you just need to polish it, and even though I realize that's easier said than done, all you really need is a few hours of work whith the dance teacher, during which you guys should work hard and not kid around. But really, if you don't get it done properly, nobody can blame you.
Also, I'm pretty sure that the other groups haven't gotten their dances down to pat, either. Some, I believe, are actually worse off than us.
I'm also thinking that if the dance teacher doesn't show up in the next few days prior to the festival, you can tell our teachers- Reina, Guillermina and Bojórquez- and surely one of them will grant you their class time to practice by yourselves (under their supervision, I suppose).
Hm. I think this comment is too long.