Thursday, June 28, 2007

I wrote my entrance exam

My mother was bugging me to blog about my exam, so I might as well.

I mean, inspiration struck.

On Sunday I went off and wrote my entrance exam! Yay!
Actually, it was WAY easier than I thought it would be. Everybody in my class was studying like mad, and on the last few days they were quizzing each other on stuff I didn't know anything about ("Which is the most important producer of tomatoes?" "National or international?" ...huh?) and running around muttering the different phases of mitosis and meiosis to themselves.
I mean, yeah, I studied, but not about tomatoes. Just general stuff.
And you know? It worked out pretty well.
The day of the exam, I went to the place where I was to write it with my mom and my sister. My mom was all nervous, "Are you sure you have your pencils? And your eraser? Okay, okay." "Hey, do you have Kleenex?" "Are you feeling fine?" "So, which one is meiosis?" "What islands belong to the U.S.???" "Nervous? Eheeee!!!!". I overdid it (a bit :D, sorry, mom)
So I went, and lined up, and went to the classroom, and registered, and sat down and waited (and waited and waited and waited) for 3 o'clock to poke around the corner.
Finally, it came, and we all got our little exam booklets and answer sheets (There are ten versions, 'A' through 'J'; I got 'H') and started solving. at first I was sooo nervous, I was trembling like mad (and I found out, I have a nervous tick! It's on my left leg! Hurrah!) and couldn't really hold the pencil still. But then I started to read the exam and relaxed a lot, especially since I got Math first. I was all, "Hey! this is easy!" and by question number nine, I remember clearly, I had the urge of standing up and yelling, "Hey! I'm writing my exam! This is fun!" so I did.
Just kidding.
I swallowed the urge and stayed put.
By question 15, I realized that I'd had a little voice in my head going "Extra 21st chromosome, Down Syndrome! Extra 21st chromosome, Down Syndrome!" over and over, until I told it to shut up. And whaddaya know, question 49 was:

Down Syndrome is produced by:

A) Yaddayaddayadda
B) Your dog
C) You wanna watch a wierd anime? FLCL
D) The presence of all or part of an extra 21st chromosome
E) Chayotes make me puke

Or something like that. Anyway, I was all, "Hey! Cool!"

Anyway, I finished the exam all happy, and asked one of my friends, who happened to write it in the same room,
"How'd it go?"
"Uh... so-so. You?"
Great!!! "It was fine, I guess. I got stumped in that question about the prehispanic leader whose name means 'one who speaks loud'. I went with tlatoani, you?"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Toda una aventura hacer los examenes de admision al bachillerato no?

No recuerdo que hicieran preguntas tan fáciles en ese examen...