Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Whipped cream? Nope.

My sister Reenie's birthday was last Friday, but we didn't celebrate (read: eat birthday pie) until today. That's because on the day after her birthday she was scheduled to stand up in front of 100 or so people in some pants and a tiny, midriff-exposing top, and when you're a fitness instructor, you want people to see your muscly abs and not a fleshy sack of half-digested cake. YUM!

So today we had our aunts, uncles and cousins over and ate birthday pie. It was chocolate tofu pie, which sounds weird but is reeeeal tasty. I went out to buy whipping cream to top said pie with, only apparently whipping cream does not exist south of our local Costco. I didn't have time to go to Costco (ages away on the bus), so I looked in the nearby grocery stores and cremerías (shops that sell dairy products, ham, and related stuff) and NOBODY HAD ANY. Sheez.

I bought some vanilla-mint gum instead. Mmm.

***

I started running more frequently when I got my SEXY NEW SHOES!!! and now my feet have baby blisters in several places, and the skin on the back of my heels is all tough and manly. I'd forgotten that happens. Ugh. Now I'm always paranoid being barefoot during Body Balance class, like the person behind me will glimpse my roughed-up tootsies during the swan poses and get grossed out or something. Ridiculous (?), but still true.

No comments: