Saturday, December 31, 2011

Grading my year

After making it, I had described my list of 2011 resolutions as "eensy and doable". I'm not sure what I was thinking at the time, because when I read over it now it seems pretty lofty and huge– and this is the second version, which is smaller than the first one.

So let's see how I did:

Get a 9+ average one semester. My second semester, which ended in June (I think) was my best semester in University, so far, with a 9.0 average. So this resolution has been met (never mind that I failed half of my subjects in my third semester, which just ended a few weeks ago. Rough patch).

Talk to people more. Compared to how the year started out, yes. I can talk to people more easily now, and all it took was practice.

Make my own school lunches. Healthier and cheaper! I don't always do it, but I bring food pretty often. I don't like to depend on packaged granola bars (unhealthy) or cafeteria dinners (sometimes tasty, but sometimes... well, not. Also I don't alway have time to choose, line up, buy and eat).

Brush my teeth more often. I did at first, but then I reverted back to twice a day.

Learn to drive. Nope. But I did get my licence, so at least that was a step in the right direction.

Stay reasonably informed about the going-ons of the world. See the teeth-brushing resolution.

Read 100 books. Failed. Read only 53 books in eleven months (started counting in February).

Finish a 5k race (and get a free T-shirt from it or something). Nope, but I did run a 7k race!! This is the only one where I went above and beyond.

Eat 8-9 serving of fruit and veggie a day. Nope. I did go through periods where I ate this much, but there were other times when I'd have 2 or 3. Currently I oscillate between 4 and 7.


All in all, not bad. Not good, but pretty decent. I'd say 7.1 out of 11.3.

No comments: