Tuesday, September 26, 2006

English class

Agh, my Internet connection has been down, and I've been too lazy to fix it, so I'm writing this from my mother's computer.

Seeing as I live in Mexico, the foreign language we learn at school is English. Hardly anyone can speak it half-decently, so a few people- I have no clue as to where they got the idea- jokingly "translate" things into English by adding "-ation" to the word. For example, Chóforo, who I can't even begin to describe (suffice it to say that he is the object of about one third of the total of jokes made every day and practically has his own subculture) becomes "Choforation", Kevin becomes "Kevination", and so on.
Today in English class, we were learning about some James Watt guy, and the class was repeating stuff (I am James Watt, I was an inventor, etc.). There was a bit where we had to say "I was born on January 19th, 1736". This phrase, however, proved to bee too long for them, so it came out as a confused babble lasting about 10 seconds. At the end, Mikey cried out "-ation!".

Ah, happy days.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hallo Lalli! Tiempo sin saber de ti!
Tu blog esta genial. Veamos que escribes despues...

Angel