Friday, February 09, 2007

History and a limerick

We wrote a History exam earlier this week, and got it back today. I love History; however, I suck at it, and thus I guessed a lot of the answers.
I also happen to have the bad habit of doodling on my exams once I've solved them. Most teachers ignore them, but some actually do read them, like my Math teacher in first year. She would even scribble answers back. Last year my Math teacher would also read them, but only answered once or twice. This year, none of my teachers had appeared to take any notice of them until today, when I got my History exam back and the teacher, smiling, said: "I read that little thing youu wrote..." Huh?" I answered. She motioned with her hand to my exam. I read what I had scrawled on the back:

Ave María, dame puntería.

Which means something along the lines of "Ave Mar
ía, give me a good aim", which I wrote because most of the exam was multiple choice.
All this means that my History teacher actually has a sense of humour. Eek.

On another note, check this out this limerick:

(12 + 144 + 20 + (3 * 4^(1/2))) / 7) + (5 * 11) = 9^2 + 0

A Dozen, a Gross and a Score,
plus three times the square root of four,
divided by seven,
plus five times eleven,
equals nine squared and not a bit more.

-John Saxon

No comments: