Wednesday, February 21, 2007

I live in a fishtank.

The Internet connection was feeling lazy and broke down for half of the computers in my house, including my laptop, so I'm crashing at my parents' room to write this. Which I don't particularily like because I can't reach into my desk drawer and produce a chocolate; primarily because this desk has no drawers. Otherwise I would have transported my chocolate box here to make myself feel more at home.
There are other differences between my room and my parents':

1. My desk surface is small and cluttered, whereas my parents' desk surface is nice and big, with only a few pens and pencils in a cup, some discrete little speakers, some books, a mouse (I don't have a mouse!) and some souveniers from Cuba and Japan. Oh, and a photo of... I'm not sure, actually. It's either me or one of my sisters when they were a baby. And an ancient, unopened bottle of water that's been here for about two years. But even with all that (and two keyboards - don't ask) there's still plenty of leftover space.

2. My parents have their own little washroom, which means they can go straight from bed to the shower in the morning. I don't.
3. My parents also have a walk-in closet. Um, mine's smaller. Although to be fair, they have to store two people's clothes... no, wait! I have to store my clothes plus most of the old clothes that ever belonged to my sisters in the last 3-5 years or so, plus a bunch of old costumes and bathrobes and raincoats and the like! Not fair!

4. My parents have nice big reading lamps in their room. I have a little one with three howling wolves on it, which I bought two years ago, and is more of a decoration piece, as it doesn't give much light.

5. Um.... my parents have a really pretty wooden waste basket. Mine is gray plastic. Yes.

Er... you know, I think I like my room better. Sure, it's not as big, but I have a bunkbed. Hahaha, beat that!

No comments: