Friday, February 02, 2007

My Life's Soundtrack

Open iTunes, hit shuffle, and for each question, write the song that's playing.

Soundtrack to my life:

Opening Credits: El Baile Y El Salon, by Cafe Tacuba

Waking Up Scene: Seuls, by Bruno Coulais (from Les Choristes... it'll be a bad day, I see)

Car Driving Scene: Inquisition Symphony, by Apocalyptica (hm. Not sure what to make out of this)

High School Flashback Scene: Du Hast, by Rammstein

Nostalgic Scene: I am a man of constant sorrow (Instrumental), by John Hartford (this is from the O Brother, Where Art Thou? movie. I guess it fits.)

Bitter, Angry Scene: Across the Universe, by the Beatles (okay, this one reaaaally doesn't fit, it sounds more like a post-fight song to me)

Break-up Scene: Stuck With Me, by Green Day (contradictory title! )

Agony scene: Yesterday, by The Beatles

Regret Scene: I Am A Man Of Constant Sorrow, by The Soggy Bottom Boys (this is also from the O Brother soundtrack. The name fits, but the song itself is too happy, I think)

Nightclub/Bar Scene: Wings, by the Warsaw Philharmonic Orchestra (from an Escaflowne soundtrack)

Fight/Action Scene: Enid, by the Barenaked Ladies (doesn't sound like much of a fight scene... I guess that's because I can't fight?)

Lawn Mowing Scene: Easily, by the Red Hot Chili Peppers

Sad, breakdown scene: Potter Waltz, by Patrick Doyle (from the fourth Harry Potter soundtrack. Doesn't fit either... what is up with this thing? I never did like the shuffle option... huff)

Death Scene: Baby You're A Rich Man, by The Beatles (an inheritance, is my guess- and a nice, big one, too, it seems. Whoohoo!)

Funeral Scene: Deathzone, by Apocalyptica (oh, good, another one that fits. It's making more sense now.)

Mellow Scene: Orinoco Flow, by Black Jade (then again, maybe not)

Dreaming About Someone Scene: Revenga, by System Of A Down (it's in the lyrics: All my sweet revenge will be yours, for the taking... you're dreaming about someone, but not in a nice way. Teehee)

Sex Scene: It's hard work!, by the New Japan Philharmonic Orchestra (from the Spirited Away soundtrack. ...what else can I say?)

Contemplation Scene: And I Love Her, by the Beatles (Him. It should be And I Love Him)

Chase Scene: Achachau, by los Incas (these guys are good! Except this would only fit if the things being chased are hummingbirds)

Happy Love Scene: La Mort de Juliette, by Gerard Presgurvic (Happy love scene. Happy!) Okay, let's try again:

Happy Love Scene v. 2: Boom!, by System Of A Down (okay, I give up)

Happy Friend Scene: Si Tu N'Etais Pas La, by Yann Tiersen (from the Amelie soundtrack. Okay, the thing here is not to read too deeply into this. Let us just move on)

Closing Credits: Prophecy Fufilled- And the dark night entered, by Haggard ("Fufilled", see? Good, good...)

Okay... The next time I have to compile songs, I won't trust iTunes.

1 comment:

Exiliada said...

Opening Credits: Curse me, Wednesday 13. Cool, I hadn't actualy listened to that song yet, but it's all about death and 'how I love to see you cry'

Waking Up Scene: Ikhaya Lamaqhawe, Ladysmith Black Mambazo. Nice.

Car Driving Scene: Country man, Escaflowne. It's like a calm acapella in japanes, what a calm day: so far, so good.

High School Flashback Scene: Champagne supernova, Oasis. It seems my day is less chaotic than yours, haha.

Nostalgic Scene: Arboles de la Barranca, Lila Downs. Could be, a bit weird, heehee.

Bitter, Angry Scene: F.T.W, The Vines. Yeah!

Break-up Scene: Why does it always rain on me? Travis. Woah. I swear it's with shuffle, I am not choosing the songs.

Agony scene: Soñé, Zoe. Doesn't fit that well, but it works.

Regret Scene: El corrido de Tacha, la teibolera. HAHAHAHAH, all right baby!

Nightclub/Bar Scene: Betterman (NY1), Pearl Jam, (live in NY)... I guess it was a really big nightclub.

Fight/Action Scene: Enid, Barenaked Ladies OMG, I got the same one as you! Maybe we're fighting with each other...

Lawn Mowing Scene: Esa Noche, Café Tacuba. Lol, ok.

Sad, breakdown scene: Chop suey! System of a Down. Hey, that actually works really well. I love SOAD. *cries*

Death Scene: Between Love & Hate, the Strokes

Funeral Scene: Sale Sobrando, Lila Downs. OMG; HAHAHAHAAA

Mellow Scene: Ameno (remix), Era. Blagh.

Dreaming About Someone Scene: Mis Llamitas, Init-illimani

Sex Scene: Hypnotize, System of a Down....! I would love to make love to le system, oh lala!

Contemplation Scene: Bring em back alive, Audioslave. This song would have been great fot the funeral scene.

Chase Scene: Schneekonigin, Subway to Sally. Yeah, bring it on! A metal chase, kinda ResidentEvil-ish.

Happy Love Scene: A day in the life, the Beatles. Ok.

Happy Love Scene v. 2: Les Beaxs, les laids, Gérard Presgurvic. Cool, from Romeo & Juliette.

Happy Friend Scene: Komet, Lacrimosa.

Closing Credits: Le valse des vieaux os, Yann Tiersen (Amelie soundtrack)

More Credits (this is fun, I want to do more) Cabron, Red Hot Chili Peppers. Yeah! I'm going to their concert in march!