Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Ba-gels, ba-gels <3

The whole block has no power, except for my house, which is why I'm not really entitled to complain, but I'm going to anyway. Because while we do have power, we don't have any on the ground floor. Which is where the TV is.

So my parents have an extension cord dangling downstairs, to which are connected the essential appliances: the fridge, the microwave, and the coffeemaker. Also the toaster, but not because it's essential. It's because we have a bunch of bagels, and we have two choices: eat them ourselves now, or wait a few days 'till they're all old and and gross and give them to the dog. And I do love bagels.

Except once when I was 10 or so, I ate three bagels as if they were donuts, i.e., straight out of the bag. After that it got sort of hard to move so I had to stay put on the couch for a while.

On another note, I was playing around with Microsoft Word and I noticed that in the bit that lets you insert weird symbols and stuff, there's a bunch of kanji. So I can copy them and then paste them into an online translator set to translate from Japanese to English and waste lots of time like that. For example, 帚 means broom. And 糖 means sugar. I mean, if you ask me, I think it's easier to just write "sugar", or at least write it in kana (if you don't know what that means, well, I'm too lazy to explain so go look it up or something), but I'm probably being ignorant here so it's best you don't listen to me.

2 comments:

Eduardo Serralde said...

You don't have power? Neither do I! It sucks because there's a lot of noise in my house and when the power goes away 'poof', everythng gets quite. Also there's nothing to do with thw power away, you just try to read some book lighting up with a candle, it really sucks!

Andrea said...

LOL. If it sucks that much, buy one of those helmets with an integrated flashlight!

But seriously, we have these rechargeable light thingies that are really bright and last 5 hours each. They're like... like the tube-things at school. Long light bulbs. Whatever they're called.
If you have one in your room, it's almost like having the lights on. I think we bought them at Costco...