Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Conversation w/mosquito

About an hour ago I found myself forced to go mosquito-hunting after a oneo flew right past me while I was lying on my bed. Bastard! I grabbed my pillow and spent like ten minutes trying to find her. Finally I looked at the wall right next to me, and found her sitting there laughing her ass off at me.

I swung my pillow at her, but she must have felt the air current before the pillow could hit her and she sped off. Ten more minutes passed, and I saw her lying on the ceiling. PILLOW ATTACK! I thought I'd gotten her, although I didn't see her actually get hit nor did I find a corpse. Still, I definitely didn't see her fly away either, so I assumed the best, closed my door, and went to visit my sister.

Just now I was lying on my bed again and when I looked up she was sitting on the wall right in front of me. When she saw me looking at her (I swear I didn't move anything but my head) she made a speedy getaway. The following conversation ensued (well, Moz wasn't speaking, but her body language said it all):

Me: No! Wait, come back!**
Moz: HA! You idiot. I'm just going to land on your bedpost here and taunt you. You suck.
Me: fetches T-shirt to swat Moz
Moz: Pfft. You're slow. BUZZ AWAY!

Dammit. I had two more goes just now with a rolled-up towel, and although it looked like I got her both times the posterior searches for a body begged to differ.

I have to go to sleep now (or two hours ago), and that little bug better not bite me.

**I actually did say it out loud. And expected her to obey.

No comments: