Tuesday, August 10, 2010

University

I'm officially a Biology student. Today was my second day of classes. I say say "classes", but really I haven't done that much yet. Mostly it's "Hi, I'm your teacher, here's my e-mail address, I'll be grading you like this... um, we'll start next class, see you then". A bit disappointing, but by Friday I hope I'll be working really hard to keep up. And cursing myself for wishing it so.

One big perk to having a dad that works at the Uni is that he has an office there, where I can hang out after classes and do my homework/nap/chew on coffee beans that never made it into the coffee grinder but instead fell on the table (yum). While reading about Epistemology (as I am wont to do) I saw the reflection in the computer screen of one of my Dad's students discreetly asking another student who I was, and heard the whispered response: "daughter". I felt a wee bit guilty, because it's like I was eavesdropping. Oh well. They could have stood at a different angle to me and I wouldn't have known a thing.

So anyway, this Epistemology stuff is pretty interesting. I've almost finished the Wikipedia article so soon I can look for a book or podcast or something about it. I know it's kind of pathetic that it took me more than an hour to read the article, but I'm not too great with Philosophy, and my mind kept drifting off in the middle of paragraphs. Actually that happened to me all day.

I took a multivitamin, so let's see if that helps.

Changing the subject slightly, the buildings of the Faculty are still kind of confusing to me. I mean, there's this one building that has four floors: basement, groung floor, first floor, second floor. EXCEPT of course it's not that simple, because the "basement" is actually the ground floor, so the "ground floor" is actually one story up and so on. So I spent twenty minutes walking around like a noob before I figured out that I was on the wrong floor.

But some people never actually found their classrooms, so I guess I'm not so bad. HA!

Well, off I hop to bed.

...

Now that I've written that, I feel obligated to actually hop. Drat.

No comments: