Saturday, January 01, 2011

2011

Just over an hour into a new year. It doesn't really mean much to me this year, for some reason, and I found the people on TV talking about peace and happiness and resolutions and good wishes very irritating. But I think that was just me being irritable and cranky. Sorry, TV people!

Also, I can't sleep. Luckily my laptop was beside my bed, so I picked it up and now I can make up some resolutions. In the following 12 months I intend to try to:

  1. Watch Dr. Who, so I can talk about it with my sister when she visits next (also the new Doctor is HOT!)
  2. Do better at school, grade-wise. At least next semester, I'd like a 9+ average.
  3. Talk to people more. Try and make a friend, as in a real friend– not just someone I hang out with when we happen to be in the same place.
  4. Obtain pajama pants.
  5. Modify those metal band tees that are too big so they fit better (currently it's like wearing a tent. Almost. Sort of. A bit...)
  6. Be more comfortable with myself.
  7. Be nicer to my Dad. Particularly after how I ended 2010.
  8. Walk the dog! The small one.
  9. Actually, be nicer in general. Not just to my Dad.
  10. Make my own school lunches, and definitely not buy rice from the woman who sells pseudo-japanese food at school. Her stuff is way over-priced.
  11. Stop eating tuna and salmon, substitute with sardines (mmm!).
  12. Be on time/early/anything-but-late for school (and stuff in general, but mainly school).
  13. Brush my teeth more often. Prevention is the best way of keeping your teeth in their place.
  14. Learn to drive. My mom insists that my awesome Mario Kart Wii skills won't do for real-life driving. Also, apparently "manual" mode in real cars doesn't mean that you can hop up and down when turning a corner. Which is dumb, because then how are you supposed to avoid POWs?
  15. Read the news!!! I am grossly uninformed about, um, stuff, and it matters because I'm a child stuck in the body of a now-legal "adult".
  16. Read the Lord of the Rings. There's ten-year olds floating around that have read LotR! Why haven't I? If there's one thing I have, it's an odd sense of pride over stupid things that don't matter, like how long I can jog and what books I've read.**
  17. Practice the accordion! PRACTICE!!!
  18. Enter a 5k race :)

That's quite a bit to do in a year! Well, not really, but it's mostly stuff that I suck at, so it's going to be hard to keep to it all. But it's all stuff I want (or should want), so there you have it.

ARE YOU HAPPY, BRAIN?? I'VE UNLOADED YOU, LET ME REST NOW!! INSOMNIA BE GONE!!

**Story for you: I was jogging two or three days ago, and was planning on doing only 3km, to rest a bit, but I kept on passing people and being paranoid that they'd think I was a loser if I stopped. Despite being very badly hydrated, I squeezed out 6km. Stupid? Yes. Did it make me feel good? Not physically, obviously, because I was rasping like an effing Dementor by the end, but it made me realize that it was all in my head when one of the people involved in my aforementioned paranoia actually cheered me on. I've gotten sidetracked here. What did this have to do with reading The Lord of the Rings? Ah, who cares.

2 comments:

Izzy said...

Nice resolutions. Did a guy actually really cheer you on?

Andrea said...

Yep. It felt warm and fuzzy :)