Saturday, March 05, 2011

Cake?

For some reason, I've spent two days compulsively reading cake recipes. I wanted to choose the cake for my birthday this year. Yes, that's right, for my birthday in seven months**. What about it? Huh? You got a problem with that?

Good.

Anyway, I swung around for a long time, and finally I've decided I'll make a strawberry mousse cake. Fluffy, fruity, fresh, and with oodles of whipped cream. Yum.

Speaking of baking, (which for some reason I've been doing plenty of in the past few months) yesterday I made some sort of chocolate bar cookie/brownie/monster. I actually have no idea what the hell it is, as I started out with the idea of making cookies but about halfway through, that idea got scrapped and I just sort of winged the rest. It turned out quite dry, as was the intention, because I was envisioning it as being the "bread" for ice cream sandwiches or topped with whipped cream cheese.

So imagine my surprise upon discovering that the batch of Chocolate Monster Stuff is half-gone. I'm also somewhat offended, as 87% of the oatmeal bars I made on Tuesday were consumed by myself (my mother expected them to be sweet and confectioner-y. Um, no, they were meant as a handheld brakfast. AND I THOUGHT THEY WERE DELICIOUS, SO THERE). Why did my lovely, tasty oatmeal bars get ignored, but the dry chocolate bars get snapped up?

Although they are pretty tasty when microwaved and topped with whipping cream.

Even so...

** Wait, seven months?? I've been legal for almost half a year already, then. Oh god. What have I done since then?? Nothing!! Aaaaugh! My life is passing by me! Pant, pant.

No comments: