Thursday, December 07, 2006

Cable yanking bastards!

I'm writing this from an Internet Café, because the power at my house has been out for over 24 hours. Yeah, I know, that sucks.
Do you want to know why it's been out? Because some genius stole a cable and left my whole block without any electricity. The disturbing bit for me is this: What in the world did they want the cable for? And when did they steal it? It wasn't at night, because I left for school yesterday morning (power) and came back in the afternoon-- no power! That means no computer, no TV, no working fridge, no photocopies, no light, toasting bread on the stove...you know the type of stuff... and also candle wax on my music book, because the emergency light wasn't bright enough.
I don't like Internet Cafés much. I mean, the guy next to me could just look over and read what I'm writing. If he happens to speak English. Not that I'm writing anything all that secret, but still. One thing I like, though, is seeing all the people walk by on the sidewalk. Most of them look in here, too.
Anyway, the missing cable is supposed to get replaced today, starting around three.

On other news, I passed my second History test. I did pretty well, this time, actually. I congratulate myself.
Nuts, I'm getting hungry.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ja... si ya me habian contado que se volaron su cable de luz, la respuesta sobre el porque se los roban es porque solo les interesa el cobre que hay en el cable.

Andrea said...

Por el cobre? Desgraciados.
Gracias por aclararme eso...

Exiliada said...

Hello you nut. I see you've linked my hockey picture page to your blog. Thank you very much my little nutkin. I send you snuggles.
But the power is back now, yay.