Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Gimme!

To get a car in or out of the garage, you need at least two people, ideally three or four. One person to drive the car, one or two people to open and close the doors (no fancy-pants electric doors) and one person to hold Maxie on her chair so that she doesn't run away onto the street and get run over and smushed by a car.
Today I went skating with my sister. When we got back, Maxie had just found a lollipop in the yard and was sucking on it. She started to sit down on the grass to enjoy it properly, just when I started opening the doors. My dad said, "Maxie, chair!". Maxie gave him a baleful look which suggested he had interrupted something extremely important, and then grudgingly trotted over to her chair.

"Maxie, give me that."
"No!" She had that look where she opens her eyes wide and plasters her ears back.
"Maxie, drop it!"
"It's mine, I found it."
"Maxie, I'm not kidding. Give it to me."
"But its mine. Get your own."


In the end, and with the help of my mom, my dad managed to wrestle it away. Afterwards she gave us deeply accusing looks (Maxie, not my mom).

No comments: