Friday, November 23, 2007

I've been at school for nine hours... Aaaahh!!!

Meh, I'm blogging this from school, because... I'm at school...?

I'm supposed to be doing my computation homework, but I've been in the computer lab for three hours, my brain turning to mush over programming. And it's not even real programming, it's a program for people to learn programming (no, it's not ironic. It's stupid).
You have to make a little blue arrow called Karel do stuff, including -but not limited to- spinning around a square, getting out of a labyrinth, and various other life skills which are likely to get you out of a pinch ("OMG! The ship's on fire and all the crew are dead! Who can make Karel go clockwise round a figure that is any size and any shape, leaving a beeper [a little dot] at every corner??? Karel begins, facing any direction, at the bottom-left corner of the figure!! Hurry!!").

So anyway, I'm taking a break, because I deserve it. Really! I'm the only one of my friends (I don't care/know about the rest of the people here) who's been able to finish a program that actually works for any figure. That's right, congratulate me.

Aah... I'm bored... and I'm not supposed to be using the computer for personal stuff, but I'm sure an exception can be made for my mental health, because if I go at this any longer I may go insane. Surely it's okay?

I'm still bored, though.

Thank the Friday God it's Friday.
My least favourite day is Wednesday, because I get in at seven and out at two, plus I don't have any free periods (actually, I do have one, but it doesn't count because I usually spend it doing homework for other stuff) and I have really boring classes, one of which is Orientación Educativa (I don't know what that class is called in English). All we do is sit around and, as my friend just paraphrased nicely, "Uh... nothing. Oh, wait, read the textbook". Said book talks (writes? reads?) about adolescence, and drugs, and how to know what we want to study, a bit of history of the UNAM, and other tidbits that we already know.

And after these boring (boringboringboring) classes, I have to lug my tired body all the way upstairs (stairs!) to go to sculpture, which was actually a really bad choice of class for me to make, because I've discovered that I really suck at sculpting. For example, last week I made a butterfly out of plasticine, and my own mother thought it was a pelvis.

No comments: