Monday, August 11, 2008

PS. Happy birthday, Mom!

Today is the first day of the rest of your life.

I hate that phrase. It's depressing!

Today is also the first day of school, and I am now a fifth grader. I've got privileges, mwahahahaha! Like the privilege of making money by selling my old notebooks to gullible newbies.

So today I got up nice and early, and my first class was History- with an insane old woman, who told us she'd been in jail for the last two years because she hit some students "too hard", and called us dog-faced kids, and then informed us that she was well-practiced at throwing her metal ruler at her students (I don't know what to think of her... she's funny, but kind of very weird)

That's the only thing truly worth mentioning as for actual classes (except perhaps the Math teacher, who gave us three-hundred-and-something exercises, some of which we have to solve twice using different methods, to de-rust our brains from the oxygen we got during the holidays, I suppose).

Anyway, I didn't have any free periods today, so I had to do all my socializing afterwards :P

My best fwendy only had two classes today, and a lot of free time in between. Also, unlike yours truly, many her classmates are far from the ugly side. Agh! It was like this last year, too! Why does she get all the cute ones?? Seriously, in my class there is one (ONE) dude who is okay.

Pfffft.

Oh, and I decided to take an extra-curricular class thingy, Museology & Restoration. It sounds fun (unlike, say, banking, or accounting) and half of it is workshop-stuff; now I can try to salvage our ancient copy of Anne of Green Gables that my sister's hamster tried to snack on. It's three extra hours a day, every day, and a lot of work, but I think I'm going to enjoy it.

Or at least I hope I'm going to. Otherwise I just signed up for about 500 hours of hell.

2 comments:

El Gran Maestro said...

Wowww!! eso hizo tu profe de mate??? (is he crazy?) quien te toco?...el de mi grupo no se ha parado por ahi hasta hoy,,, quien sabe mañana :p
mmm y las horas libres del lunes fueron porque eran 2 seguidas de mate y 2 de biologia en la cual al parecer no tenemos maestro porque se jubilo (y de hecho tambienel de quimica) pero lo mejor es que el viernes el grupo (505) entra a las 10:20!!!! buenop... espero y te vaya bien en tu grupo... bye

Reyna said...

Best piece of advice for your museography thing: STICK TO IT!!!! It'll be worth it :) have fun!!!!