Saturday, August 16, 2008

Weekend post! whee!

Right now I'm renewing my scholarship (which everybody has but nobody needs, so they buy clothes and watch movies and spend on stuff they don't need- I do it too, but hey, I usually do use a good bit of it on school supplies). Amongst other things, you have to select your nationality from a drop-down menu:

MEXICO
ARGENTINA
PERU
HAITI
USA
ANGOLA
ITALY

Are those all the options? I mean, like, you can't be French? Or Armenian? Or Nigerian?

Or is it because those are the only nationalities of people who are due to renew their scholarship...? (In which case, never mind)

Oh, but the annoying thing is, the options for "birth place" are only places inside Mexico. That IS annoying. If you select

"-"

it goes,

I need your birth pace, you moron! I can't give you money if you won't even tell me where you were BORN! JESUS! WE DON'T EVEN TALK ANYMORE!! WHO ARE YOU?? AND WHERE WERE YOU LAST NIGHT??? YOU WERE OUT DRINKING, WEREN'T YOU!? I BET YOU SPENT ALL THE MONEY I GAVE YOU ON BOOZE! AND DRUGS! I BET YOU DO DRU--

to which I reply with

YOU BASTARD!! YOU DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT ME!! MY NANA IS SICK, SHE NEEDS MEDICI--

actually, maybe you don't need to know about our private little spats. We make up later when I blackmail him her it.

Anyhoodle. Even if you select Haiti or whatever, the birth places are STILL ALL PLACES IN MEXICO. This leaves me rather disgruntled.

I shall go drown my woes in chocolate milk and ice cream.

No comments: