Friday, September 10, 2010

Daltonism

One of my (new! Uni!) friends is daltonic (he's also dyslexic, and very astigmatic). Today I'm wearing some really cute brown jeans, and he told me they looked green to him>

"I was going to tell you you looked like an elf, but then I thought they might not actually be green."

It gave me two thoughts.

Firstly, how many times have I walked around in a perfectly nice outfit, while daltonic people look on and my color combination seems terrible? I mean, what I was wearing today would look revolting with green pants.

Secondly, and closely related, if some aliens that can see stuff but perceive colors differently from us showed up one day, would they think we suck at combining colors?

2 comments:

Izzy said...

I think elves rock.

Hugo González Monteverde said...

I had these shorts when I was in high school... they were green in the day and turned brown at sunset... forgot about them for years. Thanks for reminding me of them!