Monday, September 13, 2010

Such childish things as these

You know, it's sad, but I guess I'm getting old. I mean, I'm turning 18 in less than a month, and a few weeks ago I sat down to think of what I wanted my birthday. All I could come up with was a mastodontal scented candle and a music stand. Lame.

At one point or another you just have to admit that you're growing up... and birthdays aren't fun like they used to be. I simply couldn't enjoy, say, a cake depicting a prehistoric scene with little plastic dinosaur figures stuck in it, which by the way I saw today at Lumen and you can get like ten dinosaurs for 30 pesos. COOL.

Ah, yes, I feel the age setting in already. The spring is gone from my step...

Oooh! Or a Godzilla cake!! Now THAT. IS. COOL.


1 comment:

izzy said...

The feeling gets stronger throughout the years baby. Soon we will feel the same age because we are "only" 5 years apart!