Thursday, September 09, 2010

To Do

a) Find someone to go to the Sonata Arctica concert with me (urgent because I bought my ticket weeks ago. Call radio, obtain tickets, invite someone?)

b) Do Chemistry homework

c) Move my bed next to the window to make space for sexy new bookshelf

d) Bury the last hermit crab, who died

e) Get new hermit crabs

f) Get some pyjama pants (at that store where they have those Miffy ones...)

g) Pack a school lunch for tomorrow?

h) Do Physics homework

i) Do Philosophy homework

j) Well, do all my homework and study for my exams

h) Return books to school library (give to Dad to drive them there separately because they're so huge)

i) OWWW MY THROAT HURTS, get some medicine or something for that.


It's hard to tell when a hermit crab dies. I mean, yesterday (or the day before) Last Crab Alive moved a bit when we poked it, but was never seen to do so again. For all I know, that shudder could have been his last movement ever.

It was especially hard with this crab to tell when he ceased to function. I didn't exactly hear a raspy, exhausted chirp as he let go his dying breath, nor did I tearfully look on as the light slowly left his eyes. They're still glossy, his eyes, just dead-glossy. It looks the same as live-glossy.

I mean, I usually notice my crabs are dead when they get moldy. That sound horrible, and I have no excuse for this, really. I mean, I do have excuses, but none of them... uh, excuse my behaviour. So I guess they're not actual excuses then.

Sigh.

No comments: