Monday, September 13, 2010

Fernando

Today I went to Starbucks with my sister. We ordered separately, partly because I was taking ages to decide, and partly because I wanted to use my Starbucks name.

Starbucks is cool. You know how they ask your name and write it on the side of your cup? My sister told me about some friends of hers that realized that they don't have to give their actual names, and instead make up new ones every time they drink something there. I've been doing it, too, ever since she told me. Today:

Barista-dude, writing on cup: ... whipped cream, no lid. Right. So what was your name again?
Me: Victoria!
B-dude, scribbling furiously on cup: Okay! So we'll call you, Victoria, when your order is ready.

I stood with my sister watching a girl prepare the drinks (conversation: "Ooh, don't lose count of how many scoops you've put in!" as she puts in the third measure of matcha powder. "Yeah! You're on the second!" "HAHAHA!") so we were already there to pick them up when they were done.

But when we sat down we noticed that my cup was wrong. It was my order and all, as there was zero chance of it getting mixed up with anyone else's (we were the only ones ordering). But the side said....


Fernando?? The dude wrote his own name while saying mine?!? HA! Even better than Victoria.


**I don't buy coffee there because, pffft, expensive! Coffee! Can make at home! But I do get Frappuccinos, because theirs are tasty and hard to replicate.

2 comments:

Eduardo Serralde said...

HAHA!
Apparently, I'm not the only one that changes his name when buying at Staburcks!
Normally, I use names like Sergio, Ezequiel, Alfredo, Brian and -of course- my own.

Looooooooove it!

Andrea said...

Hahaha, it's like you're a whole other person for fifteen minutes! And you feel totally sneaky :D