Monday, January 28, 2008

When the urge strikes, there's no stopping it

I was doing my homework (or watching anime and thinking about starting my homework- same difference), when that urge struck. That urge for... chocolate pudding!
Being the old-fashioned lass that I am, I went downstairs to the kitchen to make it from scratch instead of pulling one of 'em packaged puddings out of the fridge (because we're out of them. Packaged puddings, I mean, not fridges).
So I finished making my pudding, which ended up being mocha instead of chocolate because I just can't stand seeing the poor little (huge) instant coffee jar sitting all by itself next to the sugar, so I usually end up adding coffee, too.
Actually, now that I think about it, I *always* add coffee when I make something with chocolate.
Anyway. So, I finished making the pudding and promptly transferred it into a bowl, and then smothered it with whipped cream, plucked a spoon from the spoon drawer and went back upstairs.
I rarely manage to make pudding that doesn't have any lumps in it (didn't I tell you? All I can make is cookies. They're good, cookies, though) so I went all proud-like to show my mother. She took one look at it, and said -not bothering to mask the repulsion she must have felt-

"What's that?"

"Pudding!", I reply, "except the whipped cream kind of melted, so it doesn't look that good. Try it!"

That turned out to be a big mistake, because I ended up having to give my mom half of my pudding so as not to offend her.

It's like that time I woke up a few months ago with the pudding urge, so I made some and was just serving it in a wee little bowl when my eldest sister pattered downstairs in her pink socks with her hair sticking up all over the place, and declared that she smelled pudding and wanted some, too. I gently tried to explain that I had only made enough for myself, and that I was just about to start eating it, and that she could make her own if she wanted some.
This made her pout and look about 15 years younger than she actually was (20), so of course I had to make her another batch of pudding, and whip some more cream, except add sugar and stuff to it because she's too delicate to have just plain whipped cream on her pudding.

Next time I make pudding, it'll be when everybody's out, and leaves without even telling me. I just wake up and what do you know, it's just me. By myself. All alone.
This happens more often than it should.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool, but write something new! I'm too bored 'cause there's always the same stuff on all websites, so I want to read something new. Please.
TNX

Exiliada said...

It was good pudding. I like pudding. Thank you.