Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Photo-post

M'kay, first of all, sorry for not posting anything. It's just that I've been pretty busy with final exams, and my friends, and running away from that dude who's stalking me, and so on.
Also, I started writing a post a few days ago, but it sucked pretty badly.

And even now I don't feel like writing that much, so this is going to be a photo-post, something like this one.


These people you see above are my friends getting ready to ride one of those little cart-thingies where you have to pedal for your life if you want to go faster than the average turtle. This was taken just before... well, we had found this little hill of sorts, and to avoid pedaling so hard we'd go to the top, then pedal down and gather lots of speed.

The third or fourth time, I wanted to take photos of them (this is the springtime of youth, after all. And I want to have photographic evidence that I once had friends) so I got off, meaning less weight to slow down the car.t.. Anyway, they kind of lost control on the way down and almost crashed into a potato chip stand, before very nearly running over an old woman and her grandchild. All of their faces were priceless.

Next! A photo where I have no idea why my hair looks so shiny when you view it full-sized.


A little back story is necessary here. Our Math teacher has the habit of embellishing his classroom. Year after year, students raise money to equip the classroom with a projector, a computer, a printer, two TVs, some lockers, some bookshelves, some special calculators which are apparently very expensive, and so on. Keep in mind that, in the first place, the classroom is not very big. And once it has all those things (and more) in it, it's really pretty crowded. And hot. VERY hot.

So this year the teacher said that it would be a good idea to buy air conditioning (we also have some fans, but they're pretty big and thus noisy, so it's distracting, he says, to have them on during class). So he said that whoever wanted to could work and raise money -we weren't allowed to just dig into our pockets- and donate it.

So what we did was to make exactly 48 mini-cupcakes, take photos, eat them and then make our piggy banks, if you will, regurgitate.

3 comments:

Eduardo Serralde said...

At last!!! You wrote something! Thanks for writing. You look quite good on the second photo (you look like a mischievous girl with that smile. Pass me the recipe for those cupcakes, please? Okie, thanks for revive! :)

Andrea said...

Sqwii~ I actually started writing that post exactly 7 days before I finished and posted it, heh...
Thanks! I chose that photo because in most of the others there as at least one person who looked funny or weird...
I'll send you an e-mail with the recipe (it's actually pretty simple), so check your inbox ;)

Eduardo Serralde said...

Thanks again for the recipe! :)