Friday, May 30, 2008

Chinatown

In exactly one month we get to see what groups we'll be in next year at school. It got me thinking, what will I do if I end up with a bunch of people I hate? Not that I hate a lot of people, but there's easily 30 or so people that I don't want to see every day, whether I hate them or not.

Using the probability skills that I learned in primary school (I have a box with four red marbles, two green marbles and a yellow marble. What are the chances that it will rain today?), I'll end up with about two of those people. That's a way bigger chance that I'll end up with any of my friends.

Aaaargh. I'll just have to wait and see. Dammit, why does it take so long to sort us?

On another note, today I went to Mexico City's kind-of-sad version of Chinatown. It's one measly street with about 10 stores and 10 restaurants (NOTE: If you were thinking of going there, by all means, do! It smells lovely and you can buy Japanese, Chinese and Korean candy due to the fact that the Mexican concept of "Chinese person" is "squinty-eyed", and therefore our Chinatown isn't actually Chinese. And I only saw like 2 Asians running shops).

I bought strawberry-flavoured gummies and ate them in a nearby park while 3 people came up and asked for money, tried to sell us flowers, chocolates and so on.

2 comments:

Eduardo Serralde said...

Blimey!
It's true, in one month we'll know about our groups (I almost forgot).

Just like you, there are several people I hate (and they hate me, too), so it would be catastrophic if I have as a classmate the guys I don't like.

About the Mexico City thing... hmm... I love Mexico City just not its people, you know what kind of people: criminals, politicians, beggars (is it beggars?) and the ones they call "ambulantes."

Greetings.

Andrea said...

Beggars it is.

You changed your profile pic?