Saturday, June 07, 2008

Three things

...that I would like to say. Count 'em:

This week I went to Cuemanco and saw a funny animal, sort of a cross between a ferret and a fox, about 20cm long. It was a sort of reddish color, with black and white rings around its face and a tail, about 5 or 7 cm longs, with a puffy little white tip. It was also the MOST ADORABLE FURRY CREATURE I EVER SAW and I have absolutely no idea what it was.

My sister agreed to give me the most awesome cellphone charm ever in exchange for the two that I had- a Hello Kitty in a brown dress and high heels (awesomely detailed: she has roses in her hat and is holding a book with some kanji on it, has a little necklace and so on) and a Hello Kitty cross-dressing as an old man (don't ask- I don't know) for...

...Hello Kitty dressed as Edward Elric from Fullmetal Alchemist. When I first saw it, two thouhgts crossed my mind at lighting speed: the first was "WTF?" and it was instantly replaced by "Cute. Weird. Want. WANT."

Lastly, I would like to share something with you. I rarely (um, never) do things like this, but these guys deserve the honorable(ish?) mention. It's a piece of the lyrics of "I Think I Can" by The Pillows, a JRock band:

"in the black forest without
day or night
the brave chameleon was
glaring at the discarded
compass"

The Pillows are some awesome dudes who, as far as I am concerned, exist for the sole reason of making my bestest friend happy (ah, I owe her so much).

Translation by Animelyrics.com

5 comments:

Eduardo Serralde said...

Oh! How did you put that square background as a layout??? Tell me, please! I wan't to know... Bye.

Andrea said...

You just have to go to Layout > edit HTML > edit template, and under "body", change the "background" line so that it's like this:

background: url(”http:xxx.jpg”) repeat;

where http:xxx.jpg is the url of the image you want for your background.

I uploaded the image to my secret hi5 account which I only use for images I don't want hosted on Blogspot. The only tricky bit is that, if you're making the image and want the background to look continuous, you have to make sure the edges match and stuff.

Carey said...

If I am not mistaken the animal you saw was probably a Red Panda. I agree they are the cutest animals. Anyway - found your blof through your sis's (the Bento boxes were great)

NancyKei said...

Look! Look at me! I'm writing in english by myself! (So cute! :3) Are you felling proud of me?

The pillows rulz! I love them! and I love you too!

Bye bye!

Andrea said...

carey- It was a lot like a red panda, but tiny. Maybe something in the same family?

nancy- very proud! Your blog is cute, like you :3