Sunday, June 01, 2008

Rocky, Maxie & Dave

There's a Rocky movie marathon on TV right now, so I sat down and watched a few minutes of the beginning of one of them. My first (and basically only) reaction was, does Rocky always talk like that? Like, he was giving a press conference and a reporter said something like,

"There are rumors that after the fight you had some medical complications. Is this true?"

And Rocky was all, "Com-pluh-cashunnns?"

And his wife or something had to step in and go, "No." Because he couldn't speak.

Look, she's my doggie. Isn't she cute? Wook at the widdle dogsie wogsie. Who's my widdle darling poochy?

(Photo courtesy of what Dave Barry calls the CrapCam)

Speaking of Dave Barry, I watched Big Trouble before I ever read it. So when I picked up the book and failed to make a relation between it and the movie, it was freaky because I kept on feeling that I already knew the story vaguely, except that I was absolutely sure I'd never read it before. And not only that, but I kept on getting very clear mental images of a bunch of the scenes. With very real-looking people.

1 comment:

Eduardo Serralde said...

Hmm... I don't like Rocky, but it's true that he speaks terribly. I was watching the cable tv guide and, look, after Rocky V film, the series "El Pantera" is going to begin from 3:00 pm to 7:00 !!! After that, Troya movie is coming and next the film: "The 40-year-old virgin"...

Heh, your dog is cute...