Monday, July 14, 2008

Beans

On Saturday I woke up to my 21-year-old sister chanting,

Beans, beans, they're good for your heart
The more you eat, the more you fart
The more you fart, the better you feel-
So let's eat beans for every meal!

Not a great thing to wake up to, especially because I was on the top bunk of my bed, so she was eye-level. She's been reciting that pretty often since, although today we were taking an afternoon nap in a pile on my grandfather's bed, and she sleepily condensed it to

Beans, beans, good for heart,
more eat, more fart
eat beans.

In the event that she has children, I am never, ever going to take care of them for her. I wouldn't want that woman's offspring in my house, thank you very much.

Although I did kind of get her back. I sang Tiny Tim's Living in the sunlight, loving in the moonlight until, when I reached the bit that says "Things that bother you, never bother me!" for around the fifteenth time, she said, "LIKE THAT SONG!"

No comments: