Saturday, July 19, 2008

Whee!

Okay, I keep on meaning to write, but you see I just can't find the time. Apparently when someone dies you pray every day, starting on the day they die, for nine days. And since we're close family members, we have to go extra-early to my grandmother's house to set up chairs, sleep, and sit in the kitchen nattering (it's hard work, but someone's got to do it) and then, once the prayer's over, go around and offer everybody food (Napkin? Coffee? Milk? Sugar? Atole? Tamal? Food is a big, big part of pretty much every social thingy). And then stand behind the little bar my grandparents have and pour more coffee.

So anyway, I spend a while over there. And when I get home I'm all tired. Oh, and a cousin is spending a lot of time here, making up for the fact that the other cousin we hang out with is off in England sipping tea with the Queen in a summer course thing, very near the castle where they film the Great Hall scene in the Harry Potter movies.

So we all hang out here, and then we all got sick (me, my sister, her boyfriend, my other sister and my cousin- the only one who was saved was my other sister's boyfriend) and puked a lot and felt miserable.

But mostly I haven't written because my sister's boyfriend, from now on known as Camilo (the one with the cool mom) is in this city to attend university and his home base, so to speak, is in Querétaro. So he went back to Querétaro for a few days to be with his cool mom on his birthday, which was on Thursday.

Now you may or may not (probably not) be asking your little selves what this has to do with anything. It has to do with the fact that he left us in charge of what he calls his baby, but is actually a Wii. We've been taking gooooood care of it :D

No comments: