Monday, September 29, 2008

The plan is simpe:

Okay, probably one of the last things in the world I should be doing right now is blogging, somewhere along with playing Dutch Blitz, doing drugs, and watching Monty Python. What I SHOULD be doing is getting dressed, because once again I'm blogging in my bathrobe (but I'd never told you that before. Now you know).

Ugh, I think I wasted away my Saturday sitting around in pajamas and watching TV. Well, I also did some homework, but that's not really what you'd call recreational. I mean, who cares about ancient Greek society? They're all dead!


***that was written on Sunday morning, and I didn't finish it or post it. Anyway, moving on...***


One of my bestest friends had been listening obsessively to the radio for the last week, because they were giving away passes for a meet & greet with Simple Plan. It would be an understatement to say that she loves, adores and venerates Simple Plan.

And this morning she won a pass! So while the rest of us were in Math, banging our brains very quietly against the insides of our heads, she was at home showering and getting batteries for her camera.

I don't like Simple Plan that much myself (they're okay, but I wouldn't toss myself in front of a bus for them), but it's totally awesome that she got to meet them. A text message informs me that it was awesome, she touched and hugged them. And got a guitar pick from her favorite member (forgot who that was. I think his name is Dave? David? Google tells me it's David).

1 comment:

Eduardo Serralde said...

Yeah, who cares about ancient Greek society? Tell me, do they care about today Mexican societies? No! The same happens with Mathematics, if you're gonna be a great math teacher then they really are useful. But if you're gonna be other thing (e.g. a journalist or a filmmaker like me) then, why learning the "f(x) or the sine, cosine and tangent" functions ?? I'd probably think that that's a waste of time... but, well, I'm not gonna say anything. :I

Simple plan? Uh...