Sunday, November 02, 2008

Dead! Ees dead!

On Thursday it was the Día de Muertos festival thing at my school. My class set up a Greek-themed ofrenda, all part of a huge bribe on my Etymology teacher (but mostly her husband, the Math teacher, who I don't hate anymore).

These are Dionysus, Afrodite and Hades. Dionysus is the god of wine and orgies (erm, one leads to the other, I guess, with those rascally ancient greeks!). I suggested that instead of dressing that guy up, we just set up the ofrenda and then get drunk on wine and have an orgy while keeping inside the alloted space, but nobody listened to me. Spoilsports. ... :'(

Oh, yeah, somebody set up an ofrenda for Kurt Cobain. See that? It's made out of beans and rice.

I spent all day selling water and pop at hilariously high prices to thirsty people who bought them anyway. I guess the sort of people who buy pop aren't the same people that would bother walking a mere few metres outside to buy about three times as much for the same price. The money all went to the Europe group (that's what it's called, 'kay? It's the group of people who are taking extra language courses, attending workshops and learning to travel in a group so we can go to Europe in the summer). Eurodisney, here we come.

Anyhoodle, I keep on meaning to write but I seriously am swamped in homework, unlike some of my lucky friends who have lazy teachers and never have to do so much as lift a finger to get great marks.

2 comments:

Eduardo Serralde said...

Whoa! That greek-ish ofrenda was great. I think I do know the boy who played Dionysus, I think I remember him...
The Kurt Corbain carpet was amazing, I think there was also one about Elvis.

I didn't know the soda you were selling was gonna be destined to the Europe trip thing. Something told me: "don't buy these things... Andrea mustn't go to Europe..."
Hahahaha!

See ya! xD

Reyna said...

You don't hate LL anymore? How come?

Goood girl, you should post more often.