Friday, November 21, 2008

Tuti

For several months, there's been a cute doggy living in the area around school, generally in the biggish empty lot where there's an electric tower thing, a lot of grass, and sometimes a drunk. Every now and then the dog would go into my school, where he was taught a few tricks- well, just to sit for food. But he was really good at it. Everybody really likes him, and when it started getting cold someone put a pink T-shirt on him. It fell off or something about a week after, but that's not the point. He hasn't gone into school for a while, though.

I called him Tuti, and he has a friend called Chuchi, who is the same color as Tutti but a bit bigger and ever so slightly poofier.

Today I was walking through the empty lot on my way to the bus stop, and saw his friend Chuchi lying on the grass. I went over to say hello and saw that Tutti was napping next to Chuchi... except he looked kind of wrong, not chasing away the flies crawling on his muzzle, and he didn't seem to be breathing...

I stayed with him a little while, and when I turned to leave Chuchi looked up at me all sad.

My friends were waiting fro me at the bus stop, and as I walked towards them they were talking and laughing, and they all looked so happy... I seriously didn't want to, but I started crying.



This video is from August. He'd found a peach from one of the trees in school and we were playing with it. Please ignore the embarrassing narration provided by myself.

1 comment:

Eduardo Serralde said...

Tuti? Oh, I think I saw it two or three times around school. I remember one of my friends trying to give it a bit of yogurth, but it didn't want to accept it. xD

The narration isn't embarrasing... actually, it's funny. I like when you say: "no, a mí no me muerdas..." that's awesome!