Friday, February 04, 2011

Book 1, late arrival

Ah! Just this minute, I finished reading Connie Willis' Doomsday Book, which is my first official book of the year. Shameful, really, because it's February already. I think I'll have to stuff in a few shorter books to reach the 100 book goal this year, but that's okay– I can re-read our Edward Eager collection. They're all, like, 150 pages or so.

Doomsday Book was awesome, even though my Mom accidentally spoiled an important plot development ("...and they all get sick and die..." "WHAT?!?!"). It's the third Connie Willis book I've read, and even though it was truly, truly good, I think I still like Bellwether and To Say Nothing of the Dog more. Actually, I think Bellwether may be my absolute favorite book of all time.

Today I only had one class, from 8:00 to 9:30 pm. The bus that goes straight to the University apparently stops operating sometime before 6:30, so I took three buses total to get to school. I took 2 buses home, since I got a partial ride home with a friend (and her grandmother, a sprightly young thing who was there to supervise her driving. It reminded me of when my sister was just starting to drive, only my friend and her grandma were civil to each other the entire time, and, dare I say it, nice). I got home some time around 11:30. Sigh.

I wish I could teleport. Or had a jetpack. Ooooh, a jetpack...

Anyway, I'm picking a light book for my next read. Not because what I just finished was heavy, but because it's almost 600 pages long and there were a few little transportation issues. i.e., it was fat and took up a lot of space in my backpack.

2 comments:

AisforRandom said...

good luck on 100, become an English major, you'll feel like you do that a week.

Andrea said...

Thanks :)

lol, that's exactly why I could never major in English!