Wednesday, February 16, 2011

I suck at Chemistry

Seriously. In Biochemistry I have a hard time keeping up, but now and again I'll know something that nobody else does.

Ah, you say, if I know stuff it must mean I'm doing okay, right?

Well, not really. The things I know are very rarely useful, and are usually just little random info tidbits. Today:

Incident A:

"Living forms use L amino acids only, except for a few very rare exceptions."

OOOH, I KNOW THE EXCEPTIONS!! I HEARD ABOUT THAT ON A PODCAST!! SOME BACTERIA USE A COATING OF--

"But we won't get into that now, because that's part of the presentation that Team #1 will do later on."

Boo. That could have actually been a
valid contribution.

Incident B:

"So amino acids are chiral. Mirror images of each other. That reminds me of a Star Trek episode, which none of you have watched, where Captain Kirk's mirror image takes command of the Enterprise, and wreaks havoc because he's evil..."

OOOH, I SAW THAT EPISODE!! IT'S CALLED "MIRROR, MIRROR"! THE REFLECTION-PEOPLE ARE EVIL, BUT MR. SPOCK STAYS THE SAME BECAUSE HE'S HALF-VULCAN AND– and... and... ... ...maybe I should spend more time studying.

Sigh.

But I'm wearing my Spock T-shirt next time I have Biochemistry class. I need to suck up, as I'm not quite so talented... ;)


This is actually a man-shirt. It was on discount, YAY! I normally use it as a pajama thing.

1 comment:

Bid^^ said...

I think you're very talented, but in an unusual way. And your T-Shirt is great: D