Thursday, February 03, 2011

Second semester

Last Monday I started my second semester at school. I only have four subjects (I meant to take five, but couldn't fit the last one in) and I'm in afternoon classes, so it's easier and harder at the same time. Easier, because, HELLO, four classes, eaaaasy! But harder, too, because I'm totally not used to taking afternoon classes. I end at 9:30pm most days, so I'm arriving home quite late.

And once I'm home, what? Do I study, unwind, or go to bed? My strategy this week has been to get home and then eat while watching late-night TV, but that's probably a crappy idea.

As for my teachers, I chose them carefully and they all seem to be good. You know how much I enjoy lists, so!

a) My Protists & Algae teachers are a young dude with a bit of a beer belly (specializes in protists) and a lady (specializes in algae). They're nice, seem smart.

b) Systematics... an older guy who I don't like that much so far (but he's apparently a good teacher, I'll have to wait and see) and another young dude who makes TERRIBLE jokes (we chortle anyway).

c) Molecular Biology of the Cell I (Biochemistry with a fancy name) I like so far. He's quite cynical, and if he ever gives me a reason to dislike him, it'll be really easy to do so; but so far, he's good (and looks a bit like Ryan from Whose Line is it Anyway). The lab teacher is just some random girl. Okay.

d) Organic Chemistry. Ooooooh my god. I thought it would be another old man, but he's a really cute dude with a lovely smile who looks no older than 25 (and has a doctorate!). Totally caught me off guard. Oh, and the lab teacher is a young girl, seems pretty sensible. I like her so far.

No comments: