Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Holidays

Holidays, whee! I haven't done much so far, nor do I plan to...

Hm, good thing that I have to keep a journal of my holiday activities for Italian class (which I really don't like–Italian ain't fun) or I would've forgotten what I've done so far. Let's see.

I started off the holidays making cookies, as I recall. First I made some yummy gingerbread men on Thursday, and the next day I made these little peanut butter thumbprints filled with apple-cinnamon jam, that I didn't like as much (obviously that didn't stop me from stuffing my face with them).

Then on Sunday I watched a Mexican movie which, as much as it pains me to admit, was exceptionally bad. It's supposed to be a kids' movie but dude, I'd never let MY kids watch it.

On Monday I lazed around all day and didn't do much, just hung around.

On Tuesday–yesterday– I got off my butt and went shopping with my sister & dad, purchasing many wonderful things (my personal highlight being a great Rhapsody CD) and ate out. I shoveled down about a kilo of pasta with shrimp. Oh god. It was totally worth my world jolting a bit when I finally stood up.

Aaaand today I tried to eat healthily because of yesterday's pasta massacre, and I had succeeded until about an hour ago the bran flakes told me to eat Mac&Cheese. Evil bran flakes. I blame them and them alone.

I've been playing FreeRice a lot lately because I just discovered that they now have a variety of subjects for quizzes. I've become hooked on the "famous paintings" section and now I can identify Franz Marc and Monet. I'm pretty much there with Vermeer, Tolouse-Lautrec and J.M.W. Turner. I can also tell when stuff is by Van Gogh or Klimt, but everybody can do those and that's not something I learned from FreeRice, so I'm not counting those. What I did discover is that Degas really liked ballerinas. Hmmmmm.

No comments: