Wednesday, December 31, 2008

You're not losing an old year...

...you're gaining a new one!!

M'kay, last chance to post before 2008 is over. Well, not really last chance, but I plan to take a nap or something, so for me? Yeah, last chance.

Let's review this year. 2008. An eventful year, I suppose. Not any more eventful that others, on average, but it had its moments.

I mean, I'm sure it had them, I just can't remember them. That's what blogs are for. I can simply look back, read over old posts and go "Oh, yeah! Wait, that was this year? Good god! Time doesn't fly at all, now does it, until you're a 60 year-old bachelorette, living alone in a crooked little house with a crooked cat and mouse, eating artichokes all day and crying yourself to sleep each night. And raising crickets."

This year... hm, I learned how to do the helium-inhaling sqeaky-voice trick with my friends. 

And this year my neighbors started their "band", which we have to suffer through A LOT. The drummer randomly whacking his drums, the guitarist plucking random things (why the ffff! did they think it was a good idea to buy expensive instruments when they have NO IDEA how to play them and don't appear to be  taking any lessons??? Gawd!).

Oh, of course! This year I decided what I want to study in university.

Was it this year that I started listening to Power Metal? I'm not sure. I think so. Either way, I branched out from a rut of japanese music that I'd fallen into (gracias, Nancy!)

I also acquired something very special, a Domo-kun hoodie that I've pretty much been living in lately. To tell you the truth, I sometimes don't wear a shirt under it anymore. I mean, what's the point? I never take off the hoodie, so why dirty a T-shirt that nobody's going to see? it's a waste, in my opinion. Wearing out clothes for no reason... but I digress.

2008 was a much better year than 2007. Sure, I still have miserable teachers. Much and many more miserable teachers... and just when I was learning to appreciate the old ones. Except for one of them who I never took a liking to and will never thank for anything, who by the way is on her sabbatical year HOW UNFAIR IS THAT but anyway! I hope this is all character building. Otherwise, I may have to punch someone.

But what really matters is, I didn't have to spend countless hours being bored out of my mind at preparation courses with a bunch of dolts to get into high school (unlike last year foosh!). I instead spent all that time... wait, what was I doing all year? All I see is posts complaining about all the homework I had (um, have) to do! Goodness gracious me!

Again, I digress. I beg my pardon, and politely request yours (I don't think it's dignified to beg anyone but yourself). Moving on!

I learned some stuff, academics aside. Like how to ride a unicorn, raise crickets and smoke pot. No, I'm kidding. It wasn't a unicorn, it was a magical hippo.

And crickets can get... savage. Especially when you accidentally feed them your pot. Lesson learned, though: bug spray is your friend (not! evil chemical alert!).

Joking aside, though, I'm pretty sure I did learn something; I just can't think what right now. It must be the olives I just stuffed my face with. Olives... and surimi dip (which was 87% mayonnaise) with corn chips. I hear those things can clog up your brain when you try to thinks. It's this thing they do to your brain cells; they call it "bad excuses and confusing humor for stupidity".

Good nut, I don't want the world to clap eyes on this crappy entry, but I have no time or strength to type up a new one. "No strength"? Indeed, I'm writing this on a hard keyboard and my fingers are killing me. Poor little buggers. They deserve a break, so I'll end this here and now:

I hope 2008 was worth your while, and nuts to you if you let 2009 suck. Own it! Work it! Wear the dress, don't let the dress wear you!


What?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Heya Darrrrling.

You should put tags on your blog entries, tags like: School, sisters, family (so I can look myself up)

Woopee, will be home on friday.